St. Kiliani Church

The houses in Kilianistraße, adjacent to Martinivorstadt, are remains of the earliest urban street market along the north-south road. The patronage authority (Patrozinium) for the church of St. Kiliani refers to the foundation of a church due to Irish-Scottish missions from Würzburg around 700. The church was first mentioned in 1287. The plain nave of the current church was built between 1350 and 1358. Remains of a Romanesque church at that place can be visited in the lower section of steeple. After the big fire of 1707, the steeple was extended by a two-storey upper section with a special cupola called Welsche Haube (French Bonnet).


(Quelle: Martin Sünder, "Kirchen in Mühlhausen")

After a period of decay, sponsors and development money helped refurnish this church to serve as the home for Theaterwerkstatt 3K (Theatre Workshop 3 K).

Plan a Journey:
Travel fast, cheap and environmentally friendly to Mühlhausen and enjoy your trip from the beginning.

The travel information of Deutsche Bahn provides train, tram and bus schedules as well as information on walking distances between public transport stations.

St. Kiliani Church
St. Kiliani Church
adress
Unter der Linde 7
99974 Mühlhausen
phonenumber
0049 (0) 3601 / 440937
internetadress
https://theaterwerkstatt3k.wordpress.com/