St. John's Village Church in Seebach
The church of St. John is located in the Seebach district of Mühlhausen and is named after St. John the Evangelist. The church, built in Romanesque style, was first mentioned in a document in 1123. The church was rebuilt in early Gothic style between 1250 and 1260. The raised half-timbered tower is from the 18th century. The baroque altar wall was decorated around 1701 by an unknown master with stone reliefs, motif panels and oil paintings from the 16th and 17th centuries. They depict members of the Berlepsch family and the founder of the ornithological station. The ringing consists of three bells. The organ is by Wilhelm Rühlmann.
The church is protestant and is supervised by the church district Mühlhausen. Church services are held here regularly.
AddressSt. John's Village Church in Seebach
99998 Mühlhausen OT Seebach
Phone: +49 3601 444634
no sanitary facility
This might be interesting for you
Name of company
Evangelical Church District of Mühlhausen, Superintendent Andreas Piontek
Bei der Marienkirche 9
Phone: +49 3601 837942
The content of our pages has been created with the utmost care. The site also contains links to external websites of third parties on whose content we have no influence. We cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of the contents and links. Click here for further information.