St. George's Church
As the only one of the 14th century Gothic suburb churches, St. George’s was erected as double-naved structure with a straight eastern side. In the inside several features stand out: the archways to the northern aisle, the late Gothic retable showing the coronation of the Virgin Mary, and the carefully integrated two-storey organ gallery dating back to 1909. St. George’s Church is located near a former crossing of the river Unstrut where the original settlement of Mühlhausen was founded. The settlement’s name was later transferred to the Ottonic royal palace and eventually to the Imperial City.
AddressSt. George's Church
Phone: +49 3601 446516
Smoking not allowed
Public parking facilities in the vicinity
This might be interesting for you
Name of company
Evangelical Church District of Mühlhausen, Superintendent Andreas Piontek
Bei der Marienkirche 9
Phone: +49 3601 837942
The content of our pages has been created with the utmost care. The site also contains links to external websites of third parties on whose content we have no influence. We cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of the contents and links. Click here for further information.