The New Cemetery was opened in 1928 and is one of the most impressive rural cemeteries in respect to landscape design in Thuringia. With its functionalist design it comes to be seen as a prominent example of the expressionist style of early 20th century gardening architecture.
Comprising a total area of about 100,000 square metres, the New Cemetery adheres to a strict geometrical design of main and secondary pathways, with draw-wells on the intersections, converging at the Funeral Hall at the centre of the cemetery.
The historic site of the New Cemetery has been listed since 1995.
Eisenacher Landstraße 13
Phone: +49 3601 452535
Public parking facilities in the vicinity
Mühlhausen City Council, Lord Mayor Dr. Johannes Bruns
Phone: +49 3601 452115
The content of our pages has been created with the utmost care. The site also contains links to external websites of third parties on whose content we have no influence. We cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of the contents and links. Click here for further information.